Develop a New Generation of Technologists
Seeking Community Manager
The Community Manager’s goal is to help build and leverage Prime’s most important asset: the learning community made up of students and alumni. Core responsibilities involve developing and strengthening the relationship between Prime and it’s alumni as well as between alumni in support of collaborative learning and professional advancement. The Community Manager seeks to connect Prime’s community with the broader technology community through mentorship, guest speakers, etc - often serving as a representative of Prime recruiting industry professionals to get involved. Through contact with alumni and students, the Community Manager will document stories of student success and help to share those messages through social media and beyond.
On campus, the Community Manager helps to onboard new students and create points of connection amongst the cohorts as well as between current students and alumni. The Community Manager works with Prime admissions to create opportunities for prospective students to meet current students and alumni and to identify whether Prime may be able to help them achieve their goals.
Finally, the Community Manger helps to drive the evolution of Prime’s business by working with the alumni community to gather data to inform curriculum development and drive new programs and offerings.
You'll be joining a small company with a passionate and dedicated team. We offer competitive salary and benefits including a generous PTO program, medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as a 401K plan with a company match.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Connect with students and alumni through 1:1 conversation and consultation, soliciting conversations with alumni as well as responding to requests for support and connections
- Collect, catalog and share stories from Prime’s alumni network
- Manage and produce events driving engagement between students/alumni/staff and prospective students (i.e. HTML/CSS Workshops, etc.)
- Proactively recruit participants for Prime’s mentorship and guest speaker programs
- Share student stories using Prime’s social media presence on platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Help curate and develop campus culture by coordinating events and activities with staff and students.
- Help to refine and operate onboarding for new Prime students
- Work with alumni to gather information about our regional market to help shape new products and to guide curriculum development
- Support Prime admissions staff as needed for interviews and potential student outreach
- Represent Prime at networking and community events
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources, Alumni Relations, Community Manager, etc. (this experience may come from a range of past titles and experiences).
- Demonstrated ability in fast-moving, professional community-driven interactions.
- Self-motivated, independent, and success driven within guidelines and metrics that are being actively defined and iterated upon
- People and relationship-oriented with proven networking and community building skills
- Familiarity with tech industry terminology and developments (software design and development)
- Ability to offer guidance and support within potentially emotional situations, responding promptly to requests for service and assistance
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to adapt interaction style for different audiences
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive student and client information. Ability to compartmentalize information
- Ability to identify trends within community data and needs, ideate and strategize around goals
- Event planning and management experience
- Social media management experience, exposure to mass communication tools (i.e. Mailchimp)
- Human resources and recruiting experience
- Alumni relations experience
- Presentation and public speaking experience
If you've gotten this far down the page and you're still excited about joining the team, we'd love to meet you. To apply, please send your resume and a letter telling us about yourself at email@example.com.